Thoughts and observations on God, Culture, and Life in general.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Funy Stuff

Ok, so I love to laugh, and sometimes I have days where it's a bit uncontrollable and maybe even to the point where I'm laughing at things that aren't that funny. And well if you know me you know that sarcasm and satire are my typed of humor so while catching up my "the Onion" (which is a website that does satire on news and headlines) desk calendar I stumbled across this day.



"Kmart's Woes"
- Kmart, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in January, recently announced the closing of 283 stores. What is the retail giant doing to improve its situation?

  • Combining everyday low prices and friendly service in previously unthought-of ways.
  • Aggressivley touting Kmart as "The Place for Shotguns, Soda And Sweatpants"
  • Finally allowing smart-ass teens to ride coin-operated horsey outside entrance.
  • Instituting two-icee minimum.
  • Diversifying product line to include things people would want in their homes.
  • Replacing "K" in Kmart sign with more appealing "Wal".
  • Burning down entire chaing of insurance money.
Just a little humor I found on behalf of a store I grew up being dragged to by my parents and grandparents alike. Funny stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home