Thoughts and observations on God, Culture, and Life in general.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Losing

I find myself constantly without the very thought I had only a moment ago. And this is a prime example of my affliction in action. As I was waiting for the web page to load (less than 3 seconds) I misplaced the very inspiration of blogging which led me here. So I will ramble only about my still small life.

In a milestone of Will's world, I celebrated (with Jen) our 2 year anniversary of dating. It's quite an accomplishment in my own opinion and if you know me and my history you will probably agree. Even so in this two years of dating one person, I often find myself looking around, unable to grasp where I am and where I am heading. I am often stunned that I've shared 2 years (albeit through mass geographic separation for some time) of my life with someone and am still this happy and excited about a future with her. And for me it is inspiring to see that as our lives become more innertwined, we are unafraid of the closeness that has often frightened me in the past. This life I am now living is probably less volatile than any 2 year period in my past. And so we celebrate.


In an effort to be Americans celebrating a milestone like last night we found it appropriate to head to a nice restaurant, and have seafood. The food was wonderful and the company spent remembering the past and discussing the future, but what was displeasing was the service. For such a nice restaurant, we often found ourselves straining to see if we could find our server, and while we could see the other tables' servers moving to and fro, we rarely caught a glimpse of ours. And had it not been for such stimulating conversation, the 3 hour long meal may have dragged on and on, but instead we enjoyed the time alone and the memories we've made and those to come. A celebration - even for someone who may not remember it after he's done writing about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home