Thoughts and observations on God, Culture, and Life in general.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

New Tunes


So I often pride myself on my musical taste, which to me is faultless. In my mind's eye, I am the ultimate objective judge to good and bad music, however, if any of you know me and have scrolled through my iPod, you know that I like acoustic rock at its finest and am pretty much the most one-dimensional music lover you will find. That being said as a confession of my soul, I have re-discovered an old friend who made music I loved while I was at school in Anderson, IN. His name is Michael Cook, and he has been on the road w/ Jaci Valasquez for the past year and recently released an album. I think I could compare his music to the likes of John Mayer, Bebo Norman, and maybe even pop star Jason Mraz, that being the case in the sound, I will go on to note that his lyrics add much more depth than any of those singer/song writers, as he is brutally honest with his faith and struggle, yet up lifting in the hope that he see God bringing to his life. Anyway, that's my review, I previewed pretty much every song on the album and like them all, hopefully I can get my hands on an autographed edition for my CD collection through a contact - mainly Michael. If you have a spare 5 minutes, and are looking for some new music, check out his web site and give him a listen, I doubt you will be disappointed. Later kids, go enjoy the weather! (In case some of you are new to blogging and my own style, words are often links when they are a different color). Happy surfing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home