Thoughts and observations on God, Culture, and Life in general.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Big Easy day 5


Finally made it to the French Quarter today (which as it turns out is only a few short blocks from my hotel). I ironically was meeting my sister and her missions team from their church in Michigan. They had a day off and decided to experience New Orleans which was an hour drive from Mississippi where they are working distributing food and clothing to some displaced and under-resourced folks there. It was great to see someone who actually knows me. I have been fairly out on my own for a while since arriving here. Even though my co-workers are great, it's not the same as spending even a few chilly hours in the quarter with people who simply know you without asking questions.

That's life from the South right now - a relaxing weekend of work, college hoops and the Quarter...

Time for some room service!

W

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home