Thoughts and observations on God, Culture, and Life in general.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Talk is Cheap

Had dinner w/ a friend of mine tonight named Josh. I don't think any of us really understood why we were meeting, but God knew. Turns out we are both kind of searching, looking for direction and trying to find the path we've either fallen off of or run from. A lot of our discussion continued around my constant inner-dialogue regarding wealth and living in America and how that fits with following Jesus. We talked about things like how we can talk all we want, but our lives never seem to change. And we think about James calling us to not have faith without any good works, and even though I have some good ones and there are possibly certain people who would be impressed w/ my level of sacrifice, but honestly, I think I could do better. I'm still self consumed, focussed, entranced and living minute by minute to please me.
Where is all my life heading? I've only got one, and there is a distinct possibility I'm going to waste it...

Live the life you have, or at least make it worth living...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Hoogewind said...

and make your blog worth reading... time for a new post, Will! :) (and don't forget to comment on mine)

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home