Thoughts and observations on God, Culture, and Life in general.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Did I say 4th Row?

Well much to my dismay, my fourth row Jack Johnson tickets turned out to be general admission Pavillion tickets. When you arrive an hour before the show, you are not going to be anywhere close to the 4th row. It was a good show however, by Jack Johnson standards. He basically played every song I've ever heard by him, about 3 albums worth in 2 hours. It was also the antitheses of the previous night seeing the epitomy rockstars of the momen ColdPlay dancing around with their rockstar moves, playing rockstar guitar solos and running into the crowd to sing. In fact, Jack did really little moving except to change which guitar he was playing, grab a new pick or take a drink in between songs. And yet while I could have had the same experience with my iPod at home less the pot-smoking college students who parked themselves one row in front of my friend Drew and me, I found myself happy to be doing something other than nothing.

The night ended with us slipping out early through the VIP parking drive (which we did have tickets for) and then heading home around 11. I have realized one thing as I've been at work for a bit over 4 hours already today, and that is I am OLD. I cannot go to live shows 2 nights in a row and them come in and be the production horse our firm desires. Oh well, they (my firm) will get used to it I suppose.

- I work to live, I don't live to work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home