Thoughts and observations on God, Culture, and Life in general.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Trip of Lifetime

Well it's official, the vacation time has been approved, the churches and seminary have been contacted and on November 3rd myself and 13 other members of Genesis will arrive in Kiev, Ukraine for a 10 day missions trip custom built for people like me.

Let's face it, if I were to go on a missions trip to build houses, we would all be pretty scared for the people who had to live there after I left. This trip however, has a special mission and one close to my heart. The churches and seminary we partner with in Kiev have requested our church to send a group of musicians over to lead and teach on worship! I mean, it does not get much more custom built than that for me!

I am excited not just because we are going to get to play and lead worship in another country, but because they've asked us to come and specifically invited us to help shape the culture of worship in their churches and city. That is an amazing honor and calling to have placed on us, and not one I take lightly. By some amazing work of God, one of the staff guys from Genesis has asked me to head up the band and music preparation and act as the "lead worshiper" while overseas. That is also an honor. We have assembled some of the best musicians in our church, which has a deep pool of talented artists to pull from. The following are some details and a brief itinerary for the trip.

November 3rd - Arrive in Kiev
*we will be playing 3-5 "shows" including 2 at major universities in the city w/ great Ukrainian evangelist.
November 10 - leave Kiev for 22 hour "layover" in Amsterdam
November 12 - arrive in US

Please pray for the preparation of our band and team which includes people other than just the musicians. Each person plays an integral part in the trip and support raising has been given a small window. I will give you more updates and probably be talking more about this as the trip nears. I haven't been this excited for anything in a while!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Wow, that sounds like an awesome opportunity! I'm excited for you... And I'm also excited to hear that you've got a 22 hour layover in Amsterdam. Will you be able to make it into the city, do you think?

1:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home