Thoughts and observations on God, Culture, and Life in general.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

United


I feel like a hypocrite, and well frankly I am. For years, I claimed in my religious superiority that I "did not like Hillsongs." However, it seems times have changed and a new generation of hillsongers have arrived. For those of you about to walk because you don't know what Hillsongs are, they are a church in Australia known for their musical worship and original songs especially those written by Darlene Zech...

Anyway, there older stuff and most true hillsong music is not for me, it's not who I really am as a believer. The United Band is their youth/young adults' band, and they are hitting my heart in a whole new way. It almost makes me want to dance in my chair at work when I am listening to them. And when I drive home I crack the sunroof and sing to Jesus at the top of my lungs regardless of how long the back up is on M-59. So check it out and give the CD a buy. I searched high and low for an iTunes or electronic download, but they are apparently not moving in that direction too quickly. So pick up the new CD entitled Look to You. This is rock worship though so be warned, no acoustic ballads or piano love songs... Buy it, hear it, love it, thank me later. Head to the website by clicking on the word United above and look for the "Listen Now" link below the CD title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home